When planning or considering making any structural alteration to your building the services of a Structural Engineer is required. This applies to all structures commercial or residential and whether brick/masonry, steel framed, concrete or timber.

Anybody can knock through or remove walls.  However, how do you know for example whether or not it is a load bearing wall.  A Structural Engineer carries out an inspection to assess the proposals and to identify whether any additional measures are required 
  • If the wall is load bearing
  • If a support beam required
  • If alterations to foundations are required to support work planned i.e. extensions or loft conversions
  • If modifications to the roof structure are required